International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) Bursary
The 2019 Evidence to Action Conference and Exhibition has partnered with International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) to offer a limited number of bursaries from the MENA or Sub-Saharan Africa region.
To be eligible for a 3ie Bursary, you must:
- Be a national and resident of a country in the MENA region or Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Submit an abstract (either oral or poster) to E2A 2019 and have your abstract accepted;
- Be employed by a local agency (i.e. not a multilateral organisation that has the capacity to provide funding for its employees).
The bursary covers:
- Round-trip, economy class airfare from the participant’s home city;
- Accommodation for the duration of the conference, as specified by 3ie;
- Full cost of the registration fee.
3ie bursary does not cover ground transport, visa costs or meals other than those provided by the accommodation as part of the room rate or conference. No per diem/daily allowance is will be provided.
What is the selection process for a 3ie bursary?
The conference secretariat will select three candidates based on the following criteria:
- How well has the applicant demonstrated their interest in and commitment to the field of impact evaluations, systematic reviews and evidence synthesis?
- How well has the applicant demonstrated that attending the conference will enhance and support their individual and institutional capacity building?
- How would the applicant share their conference experience and knowledge with others in their organisation or community?
- How well has the applicant demonstrated their proposed level of involvement in the conference?
How to apply
Please click on the link below to download the application form. Please email your completed form upon submission of your abstract to email@example.com.